View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #13
Barbara H.

Re: Remembering jml our Jessica

My heart just goes out to Jessica's family. This news just shocks me, in spite of the fact that I knew that she was not doing well. In addition, I feel for all of our HER2 families (and I say families) that are struggling and facing their struggles with so much courage. Although I am doing well, I broke my ankle in January in four places, needed extensive surgery, and was on medical leave from school for three months. I returned in the middle of April and will finish at the end of June due to all our snow days this year. My husband and I leave for Germany on June 30th. We haven't been back to Germany together in years and are looking forward to this trip. Our middle child is 30 and has autism. She is going to camp for 4 weeks this summer which allows us to get away.
I am swamped at work right now. Every teacher in our building has to move to a different room, and packing up with my ankle is not easy. Elementary classrooms have a lot of materials. It is unbelievable what I have accumulated over the years.
My oncologist feels I should never retire, but I turned 65 this year and I recently told him that next year will be my last year. I may still work part time on projects with the system and help out,but not full time. I also have two grandchildren and I want some time to spend with them.

As many of you know, I am also stage four, and one never knows when the ball will drop. We have received just too much sad news these past few months. In spite of the fact that I do not post that often, this website has has been an indescribable resource and support to me. I hope that after next year that I will have the opportunity to attend the San Antonio Conference and meet some of you. My dream is also to travel more and perhaps have the opportunity to meet some of my HER2 cyber friends personally.

Thank you again for all your support. I send all the best to those of you who continue to struggle and I hope that you find eventually be given the treatment that works.

Kind regards,
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote