View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #8
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Re: Chrisy's 2000th post!

One change of the season evening I took a girlfriend and her Husky puppy for a relaxing walk on one of the hiking trails that Dad showed me. I knew it very well and decided that it was easy enough for her and the dog, I was going to show her the beautiful scenery she misses out on. We started on the main trail and walked deeper into the woods darned with bug spray, a walking stick to chase down spider webs and bug spray.

Deeper and deeper we hiked as the high sun hit our backs. Well, let me tell you, in the woods at that time of the year it goes from 'high sun hitting your backs' to 'Pitch Black'.....lol. I still proudly kept walking because there was a shortcut that went straight to the main walking path. Silence occurred with the replacement of new species came to life; all as the pitch black of the night took over, along with our thoughts. I went from being a proud experienced hiker in this area to scared to death. Oh yeah, even left the compass in the car.

All of a sudden my feet sink a bit, I walk some more and sink some more. I freeze realizing that I am entering the cranberry bogs.....but wait, I see a landmark. I know I can not get a signal here but I try, Daddy can help. I get through and ask Daddy for help....."I am in the cranberry bog area, I see a landmark, I cannot believe I am getting a signal, I am trying not to panic. I am breathing Daddy all I need is to know whether to go north or south to get out of here??"

"I will be right there Little Girl." I tell him not to come, that I know where I am going now. I will not head to the cranberry bogs, the spots of quicksand or the giant ant hills in the far edge of the forest. Dad just had knee surgery the previous week and I did not need his help. My girlfriend is starting to get nervous but even Dad relieved her. My father forced me to wait there for him but I figured if I can get to the parking lot I will wait safely in the car. Who knows what is out here at night but Marie is not going to meet up with a hungry Fisher Cat!!

We get to the car and wait. I am feeling safe and know that Daddy will not have to walk that far with his knees. All of a sudden a car pulls into the secluded dirt parking lot, you have to know where this lot is, very hard to find. I do not recognize the car. A gentleman with a hat is getting out of the passager side of the car. Now we start to really panic because it was so weird. She starts saying that it is a pervert.....what to do, we have to wait for my Father. The man in his hat gets out and approaches the car.

It was my Dad, he had his walking hat on and needed to get out of the passager side door because of the surgery. In the middle of the night, smack dab in the wilderness, we laughed together like there was no tomorrow. After all these years Daddy always makes me feel safe and loved, always saving me from harms way and no one can make me laugh that particular way......Oh, this happened about 7 years ago....hahahaha.>>Believe51

PS: I was so embarassed about this adventure that I did not start telling people until many months later (lol)
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote