View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 06:07 PM   #9
alicem

Re: 2od treatment-no pain

Skip,

What a sweetheart you are to be here on your wife's behalf. I am so sorry that either of you had to join our little club, but you really couldn't be in a better place given the circumstances.

I wanted to add my two cents worth because I am just about one year down the road from where you wife is right now. I had my first chemo (Taxotere, Carboplatin, Herceptin) on 1/20/2009. I too had the flu like feelings, sleepless nights, headaches and an "unsettled stomach". Today - I struggle to remember what that felt like. The human mind is kind in that regard. In fact, the memories started fading even months after I was done with my treatment.

I second what Amelia said about walking. I also had a friend tell me that she went for about an hour walk in the mall the day of her treatment. I noticed when I did some form of mild exercise immediately after my treatment it seemed to help the side effects. I also highly recommend drinking LOTS of water. Your wife's kidney's are working overtime trying to flush the nasty stuff out of her body. Making sure she is hydrated will help out. I had one treatment where I felt just horrible, and it was the treatement that I forgot to drink my water.

I hope the next couple of months pass by quickly for your wife. Please feel free to come to us anytime with any questions you might have. That is what we are here for.

Wishing you both all the best.

Alice
10/15/08 - Hysterectomy & Oophorectomy, Lumpectomy: Cyst on uterus, not ovary - all was benign. Breast - 5 of 6 bad margins. 2 Sentinel Lymph nodes removed, both negative. Stage 0, Tis, N0
12/11/08 - Mastectomy & DIEP reconstruction: Surprise! 2 cm Invasive DC, grade 2 found. One benign internal mammary lymph node. Stage 1, T1c, N0, all clean margins. ER+ (Proportion Score = 2/5, Intensity Score = 2/3) and PR+(Proportion Score = 3/5, Intensity Score = 2/3)
HER2 score = 3+
1/09/09 - Oncotype DX: Recurrence S/core of 60 !?!?! ER status is NEG!! PR staus is NEG! HER2 score = 12.2 (still positive, greater than 11.5 is positive).
1/20/09 - Started chemo: TCH
5/26/09 - FINISHED CHEMO!
1/05/10 - FINISHED HERCEPTIN!
1/22/10 - Port-a-catheter removed!
3/07/18 - Still NED
9/10/23 - Still NED
alicem is offline   Reply With Quote