View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 06:53 AM   #18
agness

Re: Working thread - what do you think the HER2+ standard of care should be really?

Another one...

Dexamethasone is given to reduce cerebral edema, and it is amazingly good at that. The problem is that it increases your blood glucose and lowers your immunity which are the two things that are going to make our brain mets more active. Boswellia Serreta is used by patients with primary brain cancer and some radiation oncology professionals are familiar with it. Based on my own trials with it, 1200 mg daily (2, 300 mg capsules taken with meals) is equivalent to lowered standard doses given post craniotomy. You can take both Dexa and Boswellia at the same time however and they don't cross react. So taper off the clinical dose safely and as quickly as possible after brain surgery and use mostly Boswellia.

My naturopathic onc wasn't up on his dosing as much but he did know that you could mix the two and also that Boswellia Serreta (a form of frankincense), as with most Ayurvedic herbs, is best taken in combination. The formula I use is Boswelya Plus. You will pay about $20-30+ for a good formula; stay away from the $7 formulas. It has the added benefit of being good for arthritis, they discovered pre-arthritis in my shoulders post chemo this summer during a bone scan and I am not on hormonal therapy and I got my period back -- so yeah, it was the chemo.

Last edited by agness; 01-09-2016 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: Remove sig
agness is offline   Reply With Quote