View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
jml

AAARRGHH!! DENIED financial assistance by Tykerb "CARES & CANCERCARE

UGH!
Can someone explain to me the logic behind being DENIED any patient assistance/access to Tykerb or other drugs on the basis that I do not already have prescription coverage???
But if I did have coverage I would be eligible for their assistance?

IS THIS NOT COMPLETELY BACKWARDS & TOTAL NONSENSE or AM I CHEMOCRAZY?

If I had prescription coverage, I may not need financial assistance or free drug!

I am so frustrated & upset by this whole process of applying, pulling all my financial records together, supplying a statement about why I need financial assistance, having to wait for my doc to complete their share, etc only to be DENIED assistance when I need it most, is ABSURD!
And then speaking to the Tykerb "Cares" rep, only to have them say "we're not denying you. you just need to apply to a different program" and start the WHOLE PROCESS OVER AGAIN makes me SO ANGRY!

When the rep said, "I understand your frustration...", I EXPLODED and said "NO, YOU DON'T. AND I HOPE YOU NEVER DO. I am asking for your help so that I have access to TYKERB to treat MBC, not Latisse because I'm trying to grow longer eyelashes."

I'm so dejected & disheartened. I can not afford the $1500/week out of pocket for Tykerb + Xeloda (who can after 7+years of being financially ravaged by this disease?!)

So what now??
I go back to older drugs that are covered under my general medical plan, even though I've progressed on Herceptin, Gemzar, Taxol, Navelbine?

Has anyone had any luck with any of the "assistance" programs?

Signing off to pour myself a GIANT glass of wine...
yet trying to Keep the Faith~

Jessica
jml is offline   Reply With Quote