View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 01:44 PM   #2
Becky

I believe this could be part of it but another part could clearly be IGF and IGF receptors. It is clear that exercise affects insulin resistance pathways (making insulin more recognized and reducing the effects of metabolic syndrome) so...

If one is experiencing insulin resistance, the liver puts out large quantities of IGF in order to force the pancreas to put out more insulin (which is further not recognized). It's a complete merry go round. Many cancers, including breast, can have IGF receptors so they could grow faster in response to more IGF being put out. Exercise stops this merry go round (helps insulin be recognized by the body, helps reverse metabolic syndrome, therefore reduces the extra/non stopping output of IGF by the liver).

But I agree, I walk in the sunshine if I can (can't during the work week right now so I go at night but get outside at lunch time)

Another thought (for HR+ cancers) is that exercise can reduce (or at least maintain) weight and adipose tissue produces estrogen. Estrogen + cancer can grow or cells be stimulated by estrogen. More fat, more estrogen, more growth.

Just thinking out loud here.

Kind regards

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote