View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 08:49 AM   #31
Colleens_Husband

Jim Rockhead finally arrived at his office through the back door. Even though his rent was now current, he still used the back door to 'keep in practice' for the inevitable slow times. Jim heard Agnes in the waiting room and he asked her to come into his office.

"Agnes, I have several things I need to discuss with you. First off, Valerie Vavoom paid a huge retainer, so I think it's fair that you keep the Ellingfish reward for yourself. You know I don't pay you regularly so you won't save your money, book a cruise, fall in love with a wealthy foreigner, and have to spend the rest of your life in some awful place like Europe. It's really for your own good. You know I have your best interests at heart."

"Second, I don't think Danny Vavoom is dead. At least the body in the morgue is not Danny Vavoom." Jim paused for a second so that Agnes would have the opportunity to realize how brilliant he was. Pausing ...... pausing ........ pausing .......... nothing .......... and finally ...

"Why do you think that, Jim?" asked Agnes.

"Two reasons, Danny Vavoom was left handed. The police identified the body by the watch that had an inscription on the back. The watch was on the bodies left hand but the watch was a special order left handed watch in which the winding stem came out of the nine o'clock position instead of the three o'clock position of most watches. The watch would have been very difficult to wind if it was worn that way. Someone put this watch on the corpse after the corpse was dead."

"And the second reason?" asked Agnes.

"Yes, the timing doesn't work out." continued Jim, "You see the corpse had bite marks on it's ankle from a small dog. They exactly match the bite marks on my ankle from Pom-Pom when I let that little devil dog out of Mrs. Ellingfish's back yard on the evening of June 14th. Since Danny was last seen on June 13th, how could Danny get the bite marks? That makes the soaking wet young lady who was doing a carpet imitation in the waiting room this morning key to this case since she was the one with that satanic dustmop in her possession."

"Jim, that leaves two questions we need to answer," said Agnes, "Who washed up under the pier last night? And where is Danny Vavoom."

"Brilliant Agnes! And in order to answer both questions we need to find the carpet lady!"

Diagnosed in September 2007
ER-/PR-/HER2 Neu+++ 2.1 cm x .9 cm spicluted tumor with three fingers, Stage 2B
Sentinal node biopsy and lymph node removal with 3/18 positive in October 2007
4 TAC infusions
lumpectomy March 2008, bad margins
Re-excision on June 3rd, 2008 with clean margins
Fitted for compression sleeve July 16, 2008
Started the first of two TCH infusions August 14, 2008
Done with chemo and now a member of the blue dot club 9/17/08
Starting radiation October 1, 2008
life is still on hold
Colleens_Husband is offline   Reply With Quote