View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 12:04 PM   #1
karen z

!3 years NED yesterday

This note probably does not seem very long after posting my 12 year anniversary as I was super busy during that time and posted late (retirement, downsizing and selling my home and renting an apartment for a couple of years during my daughter's two gap years working in the legal field).

Towards the end of my last thread I mentioned that my older brother had bought a second home in Italy (it is 300 years old and beautiful but there are several renovation and restoration projects to be done). In any case, my sister-in-law and my brother invited me to Italy in April to see my ancestral village and their new home and for interesting side trips in our region (Puglia) as well as some days in Milan at the end. I was gone from April 4-24. I must admit, I fell in love with the village of my maternal grandparents and coming home was a bit surreal. I am hoping (hoping as I need to save up this time) to go back with them for meetings about the house and more interesting side trips this Fall. I hope I can swing this as I felt so so happy in Italy and learned so much. As always, I am praying that i remain NED and am focused on getting more traveling in during this time of my life. My daughter is applying to law schools this Fall. Do not ask me how, as she was just born yesterday. Best, karen z
karen z is offline   Reply With Quote