View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #10
sarah

Re: swollen hand and arm due to bug bite

Wow, you guys are the greatest!!! I was feeling slightly desperate when I posted but in my heart I thought if anyone can help or advise, it's my HER2 family! and boy was I right.
I can't seem to find my compression sleeve, would never throw it out so it's here somewhere but I've moved since I last used it.
I will definitely do the exercises starting right now! 'Lizabeth I hope you're not still suffering from lymphedema and Ellie I hope yours is going away. It definitely makes you feel handicapped and my husband is about to have foot surgery and be stuck in bed for 6 weeks so I need to be able to do stuff and carry things, etc. very bad timing.
Lani, thanks for this info, good to know it's being worked on. I also hope someone's working on inflammatory bc, a dear friend died of that. but of course, there are so many things.
I also plan to call a physical therapist tomorrow and make an appt. asap. and I'll continue looking for the sleeve and hand compression thing. It's in that famous "safe place"!
I'll ask about anti-biotics, I had wondered about that since I obviously had a very allergic reaction and the cortisone didn't help.
I love you guys and appreciate you so much.
Be in touch if you ever come to the south of France.
Health and happiness
hugs and love
sarah
PS when I had a pericarditis, my HER2 family came up with a quicker solution to solve it and the pain than the cardio who just wanted to see me in a month to see if it was worse!!! experience pays off. thanks