View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 12:28 AM   #1
harrie

Handling the thought process and stress

This is something I have been thinking about these past few days. So many of us do everything we can possibly think of for our bodies in regards to staying healthy and preventing recurrances. We go with the aggressive treatments, we take supplements, exercise, medications, ck our markers, do our lab tests, MRI, PET scans...whatever it takes to prevent and catch things early. But how important do you think it is to try to keep our minds healthy? How well we thought process all the concerns, worries, and stress in our lives is also critically important.
There are physiological reactions to stress within our bodies. I believe it can have a significant impact in our ability (or inability) to handle treatments as well as the disease itself. Stress also can compromise the immune system.
Therefore, what I am blabbing on and on about is the importance of being aware of all the thoughts that are constantly being filtered through your mind so that it does not cause uncontrolled chronic stress in your life. When tension is felt, being aware of where it is in order for it to be controlled.
The thought process is a powerful force and is the key to a good and peaceful life regardless of challenges that are met.

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote