View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
KristinSchwick

Short stints on therapies for stage IV

Hey stage IV Ladies,
Trying not to get myself to worked up- as my tumor marker is climbing and I have a PET scan scheduled after Christmas.

Is there a trend where some patient's progress more rapidly than others on therapy? I only got 5 months on Tykerb and Xeloda before progressing, and now with my markers climbing I worry that I am progressing on the Gem/Carbo/Herceptin after only 4 treatments.

From my science background, it seams possible that some cancers are more unstable and become resistant faster than others. But I really really really want to hear stories of women where this was not the case. So how many therapies and for how long was everyone on these. And when possible did you reach NED?

Thanks and hugs to all those who are fighting.
March 2011: 6 wks rads.
Mother passed, lower back pain.
Late May 2011: Bone mets but organs clear; Tykerb, Xeloda, Xgeva. Stopped Herceptin. Implant infected: removed implant.
October 2011: Bone progression; Gemzar and Carboplatin & restarted Herceptin.
Jan 2012: Progression, re-classified as ER+; Tykerb, Herceptin, Zoladex & Femara. Anti-E is working!
May 2012: ovaries out, markers stable but elevated. Cont. Herceptin, Tykerb, Xgeva & Femara.
Dec 2012: aromasin
Jan 2013: faslodex, herceptin, tykerb
Jun: Kadcyla
Aug: Rads to hip, then Perjeta, Herceptin & Taxotere
Nov 2013: Perjeta, Herceptin, Halaven
Early 2014: Affinitor, Aromasin, Perjeta, Herceptin.
June 2014: Estradiol, Perjeta, Herceptin
Aug 14: Tamoxofin, H & P
http://kristin-notdying-blog.blogspot.com/
KristinSchwick is offline   Reply With Quote