View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 12:26 PM   #4
Becky

Re: Melanoma Biopsy when almost 5yrs NED BC.

Her2 in melanoma is very, very rare. There are some markers they test for but it is in the blood. LDH is the main one. However, the same kind of cell that makes bc is the same in melanoma. There are both from epithelial basal modified cells. Basal cell skin cancer is the same but is a different cell structure within the skin. I had 4 basal cell carcinoma removed about 4 years ago and get aggressively checked. Melanocytes are modified as they contain the melanin that gives the skin color and a tan.

Don't worry unless you have to. My daughter has had several melanoma scares with lesions being fully removed before they turned cancerous (if they ever would). This could be like those. Regardless, you know we are always here for you and to give support. I have been thru many Mohs procedures. Not fun but not bad. My daughter has been thru full blown surgery as well so we are here to give advise.

My biggest advice right now is even if it is nothing, get it removed anyway. It's a weird lesion and you should just make it be gone. I did this with one of my daughter's lesions and she was so td at me as it was in her hairline in the front and she had to get a small shave. But it was a nevus and those can go thru girations and turn bad over time sometimes

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote