Thread: My sister
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
Kathleen09

My sister

Hi everyone,
My sister was recently diagnosed with breast cancer - Stage 2, 2 tumors that are both <1 cm and we know it's in lymph node (only one that we know of for now...they nipped the node by accident in the biopsy so that's why we know that now). She is Her2+ and Triple receptor positive (sorry, still not sure what all the right terms are etc). Her surgery is April 10th - so that's when we really find out the details. Both of our parents are very ill - so the cycle of life has turned our roles as daughters more into parents to them. They don't know any of this yet. My sister is my best friend, my maternal figure (she is 13 years older than I am), she's my rock and my everything. We've been mistaken for twins at times and our brains operate as twins too which is amazing. Anyway, her diagnosis is devastating but she is being so amazing and so strong and I know I have to be strong for her. I've been reading, reading, reading all I can to know as much as I can - it's too hard for her yet to read what the web says. And any details I can take care of for her I am. We're going to look at wigs on Friday just so she can do that when she is strong both physically and mentally. I also have 2 very good friends that are breast cancer survivors so I've been talking to them a lot. I'm encouraging her to celebrate the small wins as we go and that they will be our pathway to true victory. If you have any suggestions on what I can do for her to support her the best way I can in every and any way I'd love the input. Until she has the surgery and we know exactly what is there, the "official staging" etc and she meets with the oncologist it's so scary - the unknown I mean. Also is it ever possible to not receive chemo when it's HER2 and in the node?
Kathleen09 is offline   Reply With Quote