Thread: shingles
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 03:26 AM   #6
rinaina

Thanks Mary Anne for your advice and I am so sorry you had to go through this in the past. I will definitely heed your advice on keeping up with taking the pain pills as I want to minimize this great discomfort I am feeling. I pray that I started the meds soon enough to avoid long term nerve problems like your husband CLTann. Marejo, I thank God it isn't cancer but I sure was looking forward to the end of treatment with herceptin on Aug 9 and getting on with my life so getting this now has me a bit frustrated and I will admit a bit angry too. Michele U, I actually know of two other people who developed shingles about 2 weeks ago but no one I was in contact with. From what I know you can't catch shingles but you could give someone chicken pox if they come in contact with you and have never had it. If you can't transmit shingles, I wonder why now I got it. Guess you can get it at anytime and with my health history, I guess I am not totally shocked I got it. This too shall pass but what a PAIN literally!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone for your input and wishes.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote