Thread: doctor update
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 12:52 PM   #8
snolan

Re: doctor update

Pam-
Sorry to hear about your additional problems. I'm a physical therapist assistant. Your PT may be concerned with any bone mets, it puts you at more risk for fractures, so any type of weight bearing exercise could put more strain on the bones. Vertebrae are particularly prone to compression fractures when they get weakened. Pool exercises take that strain off if your PT clinic has one. Don't get too worried about your PT being worried. Cancer is one of those precautions that is diven into our heads as students that we have to be so careful about. We don't want to cause any harm to our patients so when cancer is involved it just makes us more cautious. There are PT's that do specialize in cancer treatment mostly with lymphadema but tend to be more up to date with types and precautions if your PT is uncertain as how to progress you through this stage.

Hope you start to take a turn for the better soon.
Tamox.
25 radiation tx
Removal of expander on L due to infection. Tried to save it had 3 bouts of antibiotics and went to see plastic surgeon 2-3x wk to get drained. Saving it was my idea not his. But lost it anyway.
Reconstruction set for December 21st,2011
Finished chemo 12/2010
Finished Herceptin 8/26/11
Reconstruction 12/21/11
Expanders exchanged for silicon 3/19/12
Nipple reconstruction 5/18/12
Nipple tatooing- 7/9/12- All done yay!
11/22/12-Went back to get scar tissue stretched to even the outside of breast, didn't work due to it being radiated skin.
snolan is offline   Reply With Quote