View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #9
Chelee

Re: Herceptin & expriation date?

Lou Lou,
That makes sense to me...thanks so much for the feedback. Although I admit it didn't make me feel very comfortable at the time I read that on the bag. I had a similar problem about 3 yrs when I was getting herceptin. I read the label they put on the bag that had my name & all the other information...and at the bottom of the bag was typed, "Return to pharmacy on the 27th if not used". Well it was the 28th at that time. So ever since then I always check the label...I'd hate to think I'm getting herceptin that has lost some or all of it's potency?

I see some of you mentioned weight. I do get weighed 1st thing if I'm seeing the onc. But I've noticed regardess if my goes up or down it's always the same dose? (I know because I always read my bag.)

Rich, are you sure you were "just" picturing the size of my eyes and watching me say not so nice words...or were you really in my infusion room and saw my reaction? lol (You nailed it Rich...that is exactly what I was doing when I read that.) HA! You make me laugh all the time!

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote