View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 01:16 PM   #292
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
I got neuropathy from the taxanes..I took Taxol..some take taxatere...(sorry about the spelling--in a hurry)..
The new thing is just going for a
Targeted treatmen
t that fits You..!!!!!.. Now, some people are not getting the old adriamycin and cytoxin... nor Taxol or Taxatere... Only the herceptin... or the Tykerb.
The smaller number and duration of chemo. drugs, etc... you get seems to be associated with the # of side affects one gets from their treatments. Less chemos and duration of them = less side affects you wind up with.... --This is my personal opinion.....
I got it all !!!! After finishing all + surgery at first and rads,too, I was in Bad Shape-- but it has shown up WORSE after I had finished all for a year!!! .OOoo.and I forgot the Zometa ..the Onc gave me every 2 mos. for Osteopenia..which I stopped...after hearing the
Teleconf. on Bone Health from Cancercare or lbbc.org or y-me.org--think it was from cancercare.org... Listen to some of the past and future teleconferences that the MD Anderson and other Professionals. It is excellant for bone METs...but for what I have..only 1-2x per yr is recommended....
. --I have LEARNED a lot from some of the TEleconferences......... Keep in touch.
Hey and I have talked to gals in Stage 4 who are going on vacations to Fla, etc and who have had S.4 for 10 yrs+++ ...............kat int he delta.
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote