View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
Lien

Re: Rashes and Recurrence??

Sounds like radiation after-effects to me. I guess the doc can't be 100% sure, but it's so likely to be caused by rads, that he's quite unconcerned. Alas, after a BC diagnosis we are concerned about any and every symptom and many docs don't realize how scared we are and how little we trust our bodies. It gets better the longer you are out from diagnosis, but the first year it's really awful. I worried about every bruise, pimple, itch, scab, joint pain or rash. And I'm very allergic, so I've had my fair share of rashes.

You did the right thing: you had it checked. Now get out your digital camera and have your hubby take a shot every day, from the same distance, at the same angle and check it for changes every 3 or 4 days.

By the way: have you changed your laundry detergent? Soap? Lotion? Fabric softener? PJ's? The radiated area will be more sensitive than the rest, so it's likely that allergy symptoms will show up there first. And a dry atmosphere doesn't help either.

Hope you find out what it is soon! Have you tried taking an over the counter antihistamine? If that works, it's likely to be allergy, if it doesn't, that doesn't prove anything, because my rashes hardly ever respond to anti-histamines. But if it does work, it could be an easy way to set your mind at rest.

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote