View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 07:41 AM   #5
sddinkinsmom

Re: hysterectomy/ooph..to change to AI

Thank you Sassy. My pathology report gives a Allred score for both ER and PR of 8 total. Proportional of 5 and intensity of 3. I did not get a specific percentage. With my research I just understood it as the highest score for both?
I have another appoint. with my OBGYN to discuss in more detail all of this. She spoke with my onc. and they discussed the thought of Lupron for knocking out the ovaries and I did not get a clear pict. of why the Lupron was not the route they wanted to go. She did tell me that with my U/S results and the changes on the uterus from a U/S done in Sept., she would like to take the uterus out b/c she believes the tamoxifen is causing changes that are alarming and possibly, since doing that to go ahead with taking the ovaries at the same time? I am really trying to gather as much info. to ask informed questions. I have 4 small children and the constant running to town (30 min. drive) for multiple dr. appoint. seems to be running me down. Not at all trying to complain, I am just hoping to get a idea if others have had similar experiences. I feel like I am on a rollercoaster with this tamoxifen. Did you have many side effects after they took your ovaries out, after 4 yrs. of Lupron? How did you do with the lupron? I really appreciate your input and any others, so thank you for taking the time for me. I do really need to have another sit down with both OBGYN and onc., we live in a small area and I feel like I run here and ask this question and then run there for the next question....I was just happy I got my OBGYN to call my onc. and talk with him. Thank you again.
sddinkinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote