View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 12:40 AM   #13
sarah

Re: cost of herceptin

Here in France (totally paid for by the universal health coverage) cost is: 2200 euro per treatment every 3 weeks, that includes, hospital chair, nurse, etc but the blood test is extra (also covered) and I'm not sure of its cost - maybe 100 euro? for complete blood count, organ function, CA count, etc.
Love the system here it is soooooo humane and friendly and caring and no hassles with insurance companies. I didn't come here for the medical treatment but I'm very grateful here is where I happened to get sick again.
An Englishman just collapsed in Antibes, rushed to the hospital, they found he had throat cancer and immediately operated, gave him chemo and radiation and the French system picked up the bill - he has no coverage or rights in England (he left there over 10 years ago to work on boats around the world) but he fell ill here so their belief is, we take care of people in our country. Amazing, now he's on his way to recovery and about to start working again. Guess where it plans on living and paying taxes!