View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 09:24 PM   #15
DianneS

Re: Diet and Nutrition: Research for Breast Cancer Prevention and Risk of Recurrence

Tanya,

I agree and have not started curcumin yet. After my last herceptin Oct. 8, how long would you recommend waiting until starting with the curcumin?

How does taking curcumin by pill form differ from getting loads of curcumin in a curry dish? Should I avoid putting it in rice dishes, soups, as Elaine suggests or is it ok that way?

I do take 4 antioxidants a day on the advice of a doctor of naturopath in my area. She said I should not take the curcumin along with the antiox's but take the curcumin one day, then the antiox's on another day...how do you recommend taking it? Along with antioxidants? Is curcumin considered an antioxidant?

Thank you Becky - I added that link to my favorites.

Thanks for your help,
Dianne
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote