View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 04:12 AM   #118
R.B.

Re: Iodine deficiency ! - falling intakes - goitregens - competition bromine and fluo

A perspective from medically qualified 'nutritonalist' (more qualifications than I have) that is put in plain terms. I have not checked his CV, and would take a more nuanced perspective on the RDA. Also the ideal dose he proposes is open to question, but Japanese intakes are higher than those in the west. As above the fluoride debate is heated and complex. Excess oxidative stress is a magor issue and certainly it happens in different time scales that reflect cellular function and 'purpose', but from a quick skim I have reservations about the direction of what is proposed, and my comments and posting of this post, is very much restricted to the iodine page, as I do not have the time to read all the site, comment on it etc.

Sadly space for debate is needed as much about iodine remains to be researched and quantified.

The web page is none the less a succinct and useful summary of issues to consider and research, ideally at the same time as talking to your doctor.

IODINE, A CRITICAL NUTRIENT

http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/IODINE.htm

by Dr. Lawrence Wilson

"One of the most important and overlooked minerals today is iodine. Iodine is needed in the thyroid gland to produce thyroid hormones. However, iodine is also required for every tissue of the body!

It is called the endocrine mineral because it is important not only for the thyroid gland, but also for the adrenal glands, ovaries, breasts, prostate gland, and the entire hormone system of the body. "

Last edited by R.B.; 09-07-2017 at 04:28 AM..
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote