View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 11:37 AM   #10
Laurel

Re: Whack-a-mole next...

Welp. Leave it to you to disperse the worst damn news and still make me laugh! You should have been a comedy writer.

Well, f*#k, the news is shit and I can easily understand feeling dazed and unable to fully take the helm. I mean, where to steer the danged ship to keep it off the shoals? Wack-a-mole until you can find some systemic treatment is seemingly the only course.

I do not blame you for being loathe to pour crap into your CNS. Sheesh, sometimes I think these Oncs figure they can scare us to death rather than bother to treat us! You have the balls of 7 men, Flori, so if anyone can toe up to the line for intrathecal infusions, it's you. Still, I do not blame you for not relishing the idea.

Flori, please try to keep us posted. You know we are all here in your corner, scared with you and for you, and wishing we could DO something to pull you from the fire! I have to end now, because I cannot see through my tears. Just keep dancing in that fire as long as you can, my friend, as we pray for healing rains.

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote