View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 07:53 PM   #6
Janet/FL

>>I do feel that the increased interest I have in having intercourse is very >>worthwhile. No, it isn't exactly like being in the back seat of a Chevy as a >>teenager

Prior to BC diagnosis, ( 11/04, I am stage 1, ER/PR- HER2+++ lumpectomy and radiation only-) -I was on testosterone. Background: I had had a hysterectomy with removal of ovaries two years previously for endometrial cancer and was on estrogen replacement. I went off all hormones when diagnosed.
My endocrinologist put me on testosterone gel last summer that is applied to the arm. We kept lowering the dose as blood work showed I was overdosing. I felt like a 17 year old MALE high school student and the back seat of a Chevy would have been fine! However, lots of mustache hairs, just like a boy would be growing. As I cut back on the dose, so did my interest in sex. I think it took a fairly high dose to give my desired effect. Now my libido is about nil but I would not go on testosterone again until I find out more about its effects on BC. I see my gynecological oncologist Monday and will see about using topical estrogen. Angel, did you say a string? Any advice on it? Like hormone dosage? Name?
Janet/FL