View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #13
IrvineFriend

Re: 3rd TCH treatment...delayed reaction...UGHH!!

Hi Susan,

I just finished my last round of TCH and it's cumulative. I think it hit you a little later because of the graduation. I had the same experience after #3. I had a big business thing and I couldn't feel bad that week but I crashed the week after.

That said, don't let it scare you. Because I kept hearing it's cumulative and I heard the stories from my sister and friends I was really worried and took a couple days off in advance. I ended up taking 4-days off work but it was mainly because I really thought I deserved to rest and not push it. I asked for help in advance and didn't have any plans to be wonder woman. Yeah I felt crappy, but I had help and didn't have to worry about
anything but resting and feeling better.

I think as women and mother's we're so used to caring for everyone and being strong. I personally got through it in the end by admitting I needed some caretaking and accepting the help.

Hope you're feeling better soon and you will get through this as everyone has already said. And you will feel like a stronger woman because of it! You're doing it!!!

Diagnosed with DCIS Oct. 2012

Bilateral Dec. 19, 2012
IDC, ER/PR-, Her2+++, Grade 3
Stage IIIa
15.6 cm
4/14 nodes + macrometastases
First thing each morning, I try on my bathing suit. Then, nothing worse can happen the rest of the day.
IrvineFriend is offline   Reply With Quote