View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #11
KsGal

Re: 3rd TCH treatment...delayed reaction...UGHH!!

That TCH definitely is a drag. I had to work while I was taking mine, but that last treatment I had to take two weeks off. Just keep the finish line in view. You are going to finish these treatments, and you ARE going to feel better. Im stage IV, so my story is different than yours, but after TCH I had a whole year of feeling "normal", and you are going to feel like your normal self before you know it. Food is going to taste normal again! You ARE going to be able to get up and down the stairs, and clean your house, and eat without feeling nauseated, and go out in the sun and enjoy all the beautiful, wonderful things there are to see and do. So hang in there! And remember to take help from family and friends when you need it. They want to help you, so let them. I was really hung up on trying to be the strong one for my kids...I'd say, Im fine, Im fine. I can carry these groceries in, I can cook dinner for everyone..whatever. But you know, your body is trying to recover from a major assault, so take it easy and let others help. And we all have down days, and I think they are important. I used to sit in the bathtub in the mornings and cry and cry. You cant keep it all bottled up inside and let it eat at you. So be mad, and be sad, and then like you said, you will bounce back in a day or two. Big hugs to you. Im so glad you posted. Lots of prayers and positive energy headed your way. I know God is watching over you.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote