View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #8
Ruth2

Re: Post Herceptin Emotions

Thank you. You know, knowing something is one thing, but hearing it from others who have experience is more. I have an exercise routine and belong to a gym but can make it better (take a class, do more, etc.). Since Jackie's post, I have made a point to walk at least a half hour a day outside. My friends are good to me. The cancer center too (it found a counselor when I first noticed the emotional issue). I guess what I needed to know from you all is that (a) I am not alone (hard times don't choose when to come to all of us, as you show, and life goes on, no matter) and (b) I should remain hopeful. Antidepressants are also good, I know, but I had this idea after chemo/etc that I wanted no more big drugs...my dr. did try to convince me to try...but not yet. Trying some natural approaches for now (for example, light box therapy).