View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #1
greenacres

PET/CT Scan on Friday, checking for Mets ...

I posted earlier this year about the ongoing pain throughout my entire spine I've been having and the story behind it (neck pain, middle and lower back pain, headaches, some nausea, head feeling foggy and EXTREME Fatigue). Anyway, I went to see Oncologist on Friday and agrees we need to see if something more is going on. Scheduled a PET/CT for this Friday.

Bloodwork was all good so that is good news to start with and I hope it stays good news. As for my stomach issues, nausea and feeling full they think may be gallbladder, so want me to follow up with my regular primary care Doc.
Is it possible to have bone mets and have normal bloodwork? I hope not.

So through the weekend my neck was in severe pain and a constant headache all Saturday night and through Sunday and still this morning. I took two Oxycodones yesterday and it hardly touched it. I'm about to the point of crying and/or going to the ER for some real good pain medication. They say pain with mets never goes away, well this is definately the pain I am having. I'm just so sick and tired and frustrated with it I WANT A WHOLE NEW SPINE! :::::::::::: Do they make those???

Hope you all have a great week and I'll post my results as soon as I know.
Mammogram: 11/12/09
Call Back Mammo: 11/17/09
Biopsy: 11/25/09
Diagnosis Call: 12/2/09
Partial MX: 12/16/09. 3 LN clean.
6 Cycles Chemo (TCH) Jan-April/10; Herceptin all of 2010; 33 Rads complete 7/10. Herceptin done 12/10.
FOLLOW UPS:
Bil mammo, and Breast MRI 12/10 - CLEAN! (after a second lump was biopsied and BENIGN - showed giant cell reaction?).
Bil mammo 6/11 - CLEAN!
Left mammo 12/11 - CLEAN!
PET/CT scan 4/6/12 - CLEAN!
Bil mammo 8/12 - CLEAN!
November 2012 - Gallbladder Removed.
Bil MRI 2/13 - CLEAN!

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sandragreen
greenacres is offline   Reply With Quote