View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #15
Christine
Founder - HER2 Support Group

Re: madubois(Mary Ann) Is An Angel Now

Joe and I are stunned by this news. Maryann was a truly unique individual who did not give in to her disease, but fought it until her last breathe. As a single mother, she found the time to share experiences with her children that builds memories.

I can recall her trips to take her kids to various rock concerts around NYC. She wanted her children to have the same experiences that she herself had when growing up.

Maryann accompanied our group to the 2008 AACR meeting in San Diego and later that year to the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.

I look back with fondness at the AACR meeting. It seems that we had non-stop traffic to our table, and why not!!
we were three medical miracles who had defied all odds.
How often do the scientists who do basic research ever see the fruit of their labors.

1ST. Picture. Our 3 Miracles wth Dr. Axel Ullrich at the AACR meeting. Dr. Ullrich was the first scientist to isolate te HER2/neu gene in breast cancer.

2nd Picture - Maryann also reported that she had her picture taken with that guy who invented Herceptin (her words)..Dr. Dennis Slamon.

Maryann will sorely be missed.

Chris and Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	csm-ulrich.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	751  
Attached Images

HER2 3+++, er- pr-
AC, Taxol, Herceptin, Gamma Knife (3 treatments) WBR
NED July 2001
December 2001 - Founded HER2 Support Group

Last edited by Christine; 02-20-2010 at 05:20 PM..
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote