View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 10:06 AM   #15
DianneS

Re: Aromatase Inhibitors/Weakly ER +

Glad it's helping you Karen!

As I mentioned there are sprays, gels, creams available now with magnesium as the only ingredient. You can get them at any health food store. This is for people who can't take magnesium by mouth as it can cause diarrhea or upset stomach. These sprays/gels absorb into the skin and do the same job. My neck pain is gone from both taking magnesium and rubbing the spray on my neck. Yesterday my husband's back hurt so I sprayed some on and he said the pain was gone within seconds. Amazing.

Maybe this belongs on a different thread but here is a great link that tells you whether the supplements you're taking have in it what it says it does.

It is called Consumer Lab and their website is www.consumerlab.com you have to log in, etc. but the info is terrific.

I almost bought a product until I'd seen that it wasn't approved by Consumer Lab, and why. Interesting

diannes
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote