View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 04:16 PM   #45
VDC

Re: I think I'm in trouble!

The plot thickens! This is going to get VERY interesting very fast I suspect!

That MRI that "I" requested and demanded? WELL.....how about five more biopsies scheduled for me this week? Yes, that is correct, five more biopsies as a result of that unnecessary MRI. Two are in the OTHER breast! Of those two one is suspected to be just a papilloma. But the other? Only the biopsy will tell. It's just a little bugger 6 mm by 4 mm, but if that happens to be invasive cancer we will have discovered because I DEMANDED an MRI!

And the other THREE biopsies? Those would be in the breast with known DCIS. One, is the original DCIS site which because I declined a clip at the time of the biopsy they now want to biopsy again...that is fine with me. The second in that breast is probably the pappiloma that was biopsied in March...but I declined a clip with that one as well, so they want to make sure it really IS the pappiloma. And now for the grand finale! The fifth biopsy? That would be in a mass that is "highly suggested of malignancy." AND NOT near the DCIS. Do you realize that if they had done the lumpectomy that was recommended before, THIS mass would have been missed? It does NOT show up on mammogram and didn't show up on the ultrasound either. If surgery had been performed earlier THIS mass would have been left behind!

I feel SO grateful that I demanded an MRI! Of course we could all be surprised and they could come back as benign, but really.....with my history? I doubt it!

I flew back yesterday with my father who had the ablation and needed me to fly with him to carry all his things...and tomorrow I will fly back to Mayo for all these biopsies! How fun.......??? This frequent flier is very tired of that designation!
VDC is offline   Reply With Quote