View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
fisch

Lymph node enlargement and possible recurrence

Hello everyone! I haven't been on for a couple of years, but so appreciate this site and forum!

Getting to the point:

I was diagnosed in 2000 with Stage II IDC on the left. 3 axillary nodes were positive. Tumor was ER-, PR (slightly) +, and HER2 +++. Left mastectomy, and chemo with Adria/Cytox, and Taxotere (Herceptin not available at the time). I had the other breast removed prophylactically later the same year. Reconstructions failed, and implants were removed.

Since my last Onc visit (April 2013), I've noted a small supraclavicular node, and a larger node (or I think its a node) in the brachial (elbow) area on the same side as the original tumor. I have a sensation of fullness/congestion in the left axilla, but can't feel anything specific. There is no sign/symptom of lymphedema. I've had no trauma, injury to the left hand or arm.

My physician referred me to a Surgical Oncologist (appt this Friday). Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks again for all of your bravery and support!

Diagnosed in February 2000, 2.5 cm infiltrating ductal, 3/10 postive nodes. Left mastectomy. Tumor was ER -, PR weakly +, HER2 +++. Treated with Adriamycin/Cytoxan, then Taxotere. Herceptin not available at that time.
Dec. 2000: right mastectomy (prophylactic). Reconstructions failed (miserably).
fisch is offline   Reply With Quote