View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #59
NEDenise

Re: Pain? yes Appt? yes Relief? ????

You guys make MY day...with some regularity!
You make me feel like what I'm thinking and feeling is important.
And the BEST feeling comes from when one of you says something I said or did made a difference for you. Wow!

I gotta tell you, sometimes when I'm sitting around, waiting for my malady du jour to resolve...and I'm starting to feel a little discouraged, even verging on sad...I actually sometimes find myself fondly remembering when cancer was all I had to keep track of and fight off.

Then...I pop in here, and one of you says exactly what I need to hear...not even knowing I need it...and my fighting spirit is renewed. I'm ready to take on whatever comes. I can see the funny side of my ridiculous situation, and I feel like I can handle whatever life throws at me.

I guess it boils down to the fact that I admire so many of you, so much...that your opinions mean more to me than I would ever have imagined. I think some of you even know me well enough by now, that you see the sadness seeping in before I do sometimes.

Anyway...bottom line...THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT!!

Now, on to the pampering. It took a LOT longer than I thought it would. It went something like this:
Shower
Toothbrushing
Rest
Dress
Nap
Re-wet hair
Blow dry
Rest
Make-up
Nap

So, what would normally take like maybe 30-40 minutes...took about 5-6 hours. But I felt like a new woman! A cleaner prettier, healthier woman!!

And, instead of TV, we ordered Chinese and played games. OMG did my muscles hurt from laughing. My little family could be a sit-com. Everyone goofs on everyone and everything. And the laughing sometimes gets to be the kind where you can't catch your breath. I'm pretty sure that's more core exercise than any PT would have me doing at this point!

Yesterday wore me out so much, it's only 11 am and I'm contemplating a nap!

Thanks for checking in on me friends!
Love and big hugs to all of you!
Denise
PS-Barb, I hope your Rx is exactly what you need! You, my friend, deserve every bit of joy life has to offer!
4/12/11-A/C x 4, then T/H x 4, H only,Q3 weeks
8/26/11 finished Taxol!!!
10/7/11 mastectomy/DIEP recon
11/11 radiation x28
1/12/12 1st CANCER-VERSARY!
1/12 Low EF/Herceptin "Holiday" :(
2/12 EF up - Back on Herceptin, heart meds
4/2/1212 surgery to repair separated incision from DIEP recon
6/8/12 Return to work :)
6/17/12 Fall, shatter wrist,surgery to repair/insert plate :(
7/10/12 last Herceptin
7/23/12 Brain Mets %$&#! 3cm and 1cm
8/10/12 Gamma knife surgery, LOTS of steroids;start H/Tykerb
8/23/12 Back to work
12/20/12 Injure back-3 weeks in wheel chair
1/12/13 2nd CANCER-VERSARY!
1/14/13 herniate disk in back - surgery to repair
1/27/13 Radiation necrosis - edema in brain - back on steroids - but not back to work - off balance, poor cordination in right arm
5/3/13 Start Avastin to shrink necrosis
5/10/13 begin weaning steroids
6/18/13 Brain MRI - Avastin seems to be working!
6/20/13 quarterly CT - chest, abdomen, pelvis - All Clear!
7/5/13 finally off steroids!!
7/7/13 joined the ranks of the CHEMO NINJAS I am now Tekuto Ki Ariku cancer assassin!
7/13/13 Symptoms return - back on steroids
7/26/13 Back on Avastin - try again!
8/26/13 Not ready to return to classroom yet :( But I CAN walk without holding onto things! :)
9/9/13 Brain MRI - fingers crossed
“ Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds you down or polishes you up is for you, and you alone, to decide. ” – Cavett Robert
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote