Thread: Fat Grafting
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 07:37 PM   #22
Heathcliff4

Re: Fat Grafting

Fwiw, my surgeon does do fat grafting and I have two friends who had it done with different surgeons at UCSF. Both said that the liposuction was very painful. One friend kept telling me that I should do it as it would make for a smoother look. However, one year out, she admits that she thinks all of the fat has reabsorbed and it wasn't worth it. The other friend said it wasn't worth it from the start.

My surgeon said he didn't think it would be worth it for me as he felt the aesthetic outcome would be almost the same. I appreciated his honesty and was actually relieved not to have the liposuction. I'm relatively small (5'4'' and about 125 lbs) and I think he was concerned about the amount he would be able to transfer. I also had radiation on one side, which could have made it a bit tricky.

I'm very happy with the result of my implant exchange. They look really good in a tee shirt and I can wear a bathing suit and look good too.

Good luck with your decision.

Kathryn

8/2013 Diagnosed age 42 with boys aged 2.5 and 6, Stage 11b, 1 cm her2+++, 30% ER positive, 5% PR positive, Rt Breast. Also DCIS in second spot of rt breast, high grade.
9/2013 Bilateral mastectomy, 3 nodes positive
10/13 Started AC/TH, Perjeta and Herceptin
1/14 Finished Chemo
3/14 Radiation, 5 weeks
4/14 Started Tamoxifen
6/14 Discontinued Tamoxifen due to extreme joint pain, exhaustion and depression
6/14 Started Exemestane and Zolodex shots to suppress ovaries
11/14 Finished Herceptin
11/14 Discontinued Exemestane due to similar side effects as Tamoxifen.
1/15 Reconstruction
3/15 CT Scan (routine) shows possible liver mets.
3/15 PET/CT scan shows no mets - huge sigh of relief
4/15 Began Letrozole. Knee and hip joint discomfort but minimal. Otherwise, knocking on wood - so far, so good!
Heathcliff4 is offline   Reply With Quote