View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 09:24 PM   #3
swimangel72

Hi - my flap is OK, but my abdomen (donor site) is not. My PS wants me to wait until I'm finished with Herceptin - which means I have to wait until April '09. I went to another surgeon who is an expert in repairing abdominal bulges/hernias, and he said as long as my blood counts and Muga/echocardiogram were OK, I could have surgery (other women have told me the same thing.) However, I did have an abdominal staph infection which caused my incision to open - the new surgeon said it's important to find out if I had a MRSA infection because that would influence when and how they will repair my big bulge, sigh. I have to still find out from the hospital - but since I was on so many antibiotics, including Zyvox, he thinks I did have MRSA. I'm impatient to get my stomach fixed, because the bulge is growing - but I'd HATE to get another staph infection, so it looks like I'll be waiting until at least February. But the good news is that the new surgeon said he'll be able to remove my gall-bladder at the same time - and a renowned plastic surgeon will be able to fix my hamburger "foob" at the same time, so hopefully this will all have been worth while.
IDC Stage 1, Grade 1
ER+ 90% /PR+ 90% /Her2++++, BRAC1 & 2 neg
3/5/08 - mast with muscle-sparing free tram;
0/7 nodes clear; Stage 1 lymphedema in right arm
3/11/08 - MRSA infection in abdomen causes large hernia
4/11/08 - Oncotype DX score 22 (intermediate)
4/12/08 - Muga score 67%
4/23/08 - Chemo, Navelbine and Herceptin every 2 weeks
8/20/08 - Last Navelbine infusion! Yay!
1/22/09 - First mammo since dx - unaffected breast CLEAR!
1/30/09 - Second Muga score 63%
swimangel72 is offline   Reply With Quote