View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
karen z

Re: 4th chemo Taxotere/Herceptin having trouble

I have been where you are. I am guessing most of us have. I know how hard this is and how tough you are. Talk to not only your oncologist but the chemo nurses as they often can give you more time and more advice. Do anything you can to treat the "symptoms" as they appear (I was addicted to sucking on hard candies due to mouth dryness and a horrible taste in my mouth). Try to read highly enjoyable books (sounds ridiculous but I am not kidding), try to watch comedies (this is not the time to NOT have a lot of cable options), get yourself a rocking chair and sit outside when you can or be outside when you can (I know you are in Canada but try as long as you can). Try to distract yourself and realize that each cycle brings you closer to the end of the cycles. I was like a prisoner counting off the days (literally). I am not saying I was miserable (I was) but I wish I had tried to distract myself more- that is, when I had the energy too. Get a message, get a foot massage, indulge yourself when you can. Make the clock move ! Try to do something you have not done before (draw/paint/make easy jewelry). You've got to make the clock move.
karen z is offline   Reply With Quote