Thread: Anxiety
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 08:04 AM   #1
TiffanyS

Anxiety

Hello all,

I was just wondering how you deal with anxiety? I have been having anxiety on and off since I was told that my cancer has spread, and I’m not sure how to deal with it. There are times when I feel very positive, and I’m sure the medication is going to work and put me in remission, and there are other times when I just sit there and think that the cancer is spreading. Right now, we think it’s only spread to my lungs (test results show bones, liver, stomach, etc. look good), but we have not done a brain MRI yet (I’m still waiting for an appointment), and I’m really worried that it’s spread to my brain. I don’t have symptoms, however, I can’t stop thinking about it spreading! Also, every time something is wrong with me now, I think it’s the cancer, even when it’s just a pimple! I mentioned this anxiety to both my doctor and nurse practitioner, and they both said it was normal, but didn’t give me any advice regarding how to deal with it. I was wondering if anyone can give me some ideas. I have tried mediating at home, but it doesn’t seem to be working. I try to keep busy with work and friends, and I try to focus on reading or watching TV when I’m at home, in order to keep my mind off of things, but some days it’s harder than others. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
TiffanyS is offline   Reply With Quote