View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
radiant

Re: Texas gov. signs breast density law

Rich -

Thank-you so much for posting this. It made me cry. I would have my life back if this was law in CA.

Sadly, w/extremely dense tissue (that I was N.E.V.E.R.) told about, and extremely fybrocystic tissue, that I freaked out about since I was 36 years old, everyone ALWAYS told me (clinically) that fybrocystic tissue (super lumpy), was nothing to be worried about.

EVERYONE was wrong. All the fybrocystic lumps in my left breast were cancer, that no one ever saw on the 4 years of my solid white mammo's. I went into this at Stage 3c, when I was 44 years old. The surgeon told me what happened - w/dense tissue, etc. When I asked to see ALL my mammo reports, they all said "interpretation based on extremely dense tissue". no one ever told me.

I've been on chemo for 6 years, and lost more than I could have imagined. I'm now on LTD. I usually keep my spirits up - but when I see things like this, it's heartbreaking.

This NEVER had to be like this . . .

There's a nurse in CA who is a victim of dense tissue as well - but, she has fortunately not gone to Stage IV. She is trying to get a similiar bill passed. She is making major progress, but said it's very "political".

Why is it political to tell woman the truth about their breasts? I'm guessing becuz NO ONE wants to pay for the extra preventive care we need (different testing - MRI, or ultrasound, etc).

But, how does years of chemo and all the lost taxes by the woman who could of been working justify this insanity?

Kim
2008 - on Arimidex/Herceptin - stable lymph node.
2009 - stable on Arimidex/Herceptin
2010 - lymph node progression and liver mets.
2010 - went on Gemzar, Navelbine, Herceptin - Navelbine and Herceptin took liver mets down. lymph node slightly progressed.
2010 - did Xeloda & Tykerb - MAJOR progression in liver in only 6 weeks.
Dec 2010 - present - Ixempra/Avastin/Herceptin/Fasoldex - regressing
June 2012 - chemo break
Sept 19, 2012 - start t-dm1. Chose this over going back on Ixempra.
radiant is offline   Reply With Quote