View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 05:06 PM   #24
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: It's Not Working! Three Weeks Of Nothing But Side Effects!

Just chiming in with all and most especially Caroline, cause I agree with everything she posted!

So right that don't just focus on the cancer, Caroline. Whole body. Thyroid. Oh dear. Karen, this needs immediate attention.

My Wobenzym helps with inflammatory (bathroom drama) big time. I take 2 A//PM. Also an immune booster!

But your TSH and T3 and T4 are way off, as you know. Needs immediate addressing.

Adrenals are shot w/every one of us no doubt.

Caroline, what do you do with adrenal fatigue?

Group hug, passing healing energy in from the left hand and out through the right hand... Love that.

Visualize.

Meditate.

Breathe. Gently in. Hold. Gently out.

KNOWINGS, Expectations and Assumptions - HER2 Support Group Forums

I meditate daily. The gentle breathing in of life-affirming air through my nostrils, holding it -- as I consciously connect with The Present Moment -- and then releasing the air slowly through my pursed lips, blowing it and all that is negative and toxic away from me, kissing it goodbye -- incredibly freeing. Focusing on the intake, the holding and the letting go is key.

I follow this breathing (after 5 or 10 minutes) with my vivid memory of one of the most beautiful sights I literally danced in when I was 15 years old, in the Catskills. A gorgeous garden of Eden midst thick woods. Difficult to get to, but then WOW! I recall the sound of the birds chirping, tweeting, trilling. The sound of my hand moving back and forth in the pond as I knelt in the green grass, stroking the water. The blueness of the sky, the glorious brightness of the sunshine, the colors of the wildflowers, the reflection of the tall think trees in the pond is remembered and revelled in.

Then I envision myself far into the future at a family celebration. I see myself there, smiling and laughing, clapping my hands. There is music and everyone is swaying and full of happiness. All that this daily ritual instills in me, stays with me throughout the day and bringst me immense and utter joy and tranquility! It is all an affirmation of the reality of my wish becoming fulfilled...

This is what I wish for you, Karen. And ALL of you!! With all my heart!

ANDI
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote