View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #4
KsGal

Re: steroids and halluciations

I had one day..but just one, where I would look at the walls, and the pictures and things that were hanging on them seemed to be sticking out from the wall, and then when I would turn towards them they would flop back down on the wall. Im sure that sounds strange as all get out, but its true. Im not really sure if it was from steroids or the whole brain radiation. What dosage steroids is she on? Is it possible it needs to be bumped up a bit to control her symptoms? I also had balance issues and weakness...I know the weakness was from the steroids. My doctor told me he had a lot of people who had to go to a rehab facility to get strength back in their legs after taking the dex. Is that maybe a possibility for your mom? I don't know her age, but for my father Medicare paid 100 percent of inpatient rehab for 20 days. Its just a thought, not sure if it is possible in your situation. I would have to be two people to hate this disease more than I do. This has to be extremely difficult on you and your family. Lots of love and prayers headed your way.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote