View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 09:08 AM   #47
Laurel

Re: ZW25 clinical trial - day one

Hey there, dearest Flori, our esteemed and intrepid warrior woman!

Glad you checked in and equally glad you did some living on your extra week away from treatment. Social dancing sounds like fun!

I am truly sorry this course is tough on your quality of life. That makes sticking with the program so much harder. I know you needed that shot of good news where your tumors are shrinking, but stable is good news too as they were actively growing. Yes, pumping you up and searching for the proverbial silver lining!

I'd love to see some of your "angry art!" At least you have the talent to translate your frustration into art. Me? I am forced to work in the medium of profanity lacking any additional skill from which to channel mine! I will say (in my most modest and humble voice) than I can work in profanity with the best New Yorker having studied there in my youth beneath the tutelage of hardened NYC dwellers where the F-bomb is dropped with impunity peppering even the most casual and calmest of speech. It has taken me years to work the New York out of this girl, but it rears its ugly head when I am spitting mad!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today, my friend. I hope this round is easier with less down time.

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote