View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
DianneS

Herceptin and leg and joint pains

Hi,

I read the thread posted by Lani but the replies are from 2006. Any updates on Herceptin causing:

1) slow hair regrowth
2) brittle nails
3) legs, feet and general aching all over. I usually feel better once I get up, but I have been getting general aches/pains in the wee hours of the morning, which wakes me up so I am sleepy during the day.
4) fatigue
5) diarrhea, barely controlled by drinking 1/4 cup aloe vera juice daily
6) sometimes acid reflux
7) eye doctor said eyes ok, but tear ducts blocked, recommended I apply moist heat daily.
8) eyes will water a lot when I first get up
9) frequent runny nose

I am done with the sessions of Taxotere/Carboplatin. My last session was March 12. So, how much of this is related to those drugs, and how much to Herceptin? I had a Herceptin treatment April 23.

I am thinking about quitting Herceptin in June. I am node negative & had bilateral mastectomies, right breast 50% DCIS, rest IDC, no spread to vascular system, left breast benign, and not sure I want to feel crummy for 6 more months, esp. when no one knows the long term effects....

I had 5.5 doses of Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin beginning in November, 08 and ending March 12, continuing with Herceptin only every 3 weeks.

Diannes
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote