View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #190
Rolepaul

Smile Re: Calling all stage iv sisters

My wife had brain mets found 11/09. Surgery, gamma knife radiation, Xeloda/Tykerb. Then various radiation hot shots for two years. PET found cancer in the Leptomeningeal area of the spine 20-30 hot spots on MRI on 12/14/2011. Radiation for ten days, then intrathecal Herceptin (40 mg for four weeks and 80 mgs since, with topotecan at the increase). IV Herceptin and Navelbine started on February 22. This is the treatment I came up with by researching in forums like this one, looking at cases studies, contacting patients that had success, and always believing in my wife being able to be cured. The nurses told my wife 50/50 for seven weeks, 5% chance to make it 6 months in mid December. MRIs on 4/8/2012 show spine tumors and brain tumors no longer taking the contrast agent, no tumor cells in the blood or spinal tap, and Nina is enjoying a normal life (except for pain in lower back). In other words, listen to this board, research your options, and keep beating on the tumors like crazy. The doctors quote statistics, while I focus on a single patient. Her case will make medical news, help patients, and further careers. I just get to hug her on a regular basis.

"Never give up" - Untouchables; "I hate to lose" - Star Trek II Wrath of Kahn; "Eye of the Tiger" - Rocky III;

In the movie "The Medicine Man" the cure was in the ants that lived in the flowers, not the flowers. The Medicine Man knew that. The Researcher did not discover this until the end of the movie. Sometimes we can discover cures better than the doctors and others. By the way, I did research on many of these drugs used to treat my wife in the mid to late 1980's. If you help one person, it may pay forward back to you.
Rolepaul is offline   Reply With Quote