View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 07:55 AM   #1
hermiracles

Palliative Care... this time 'multiple' brain metastases...

Hello my Sisters and Brothers.... I'm home again from another stay in Palliative Care... which again has been good for me. It's just unfortunate that the first time I was there they found 'numerous' lung metastases and this time 'multiple' cerebral metastases! Not much 'good' news but the care is very good!

I'm still getting around with my wheely walker and enjoying spending time with hubby and our beautifull bub-bubs.

On the 3rd October I am booked to go to Brisbane for raditation therapy to my (whole) brain. We may be there about 2 weeks and then home hopefully to commence on Tykerb/Xeloda -- thats the plan actually - we'll see what else the Higher Power has planned for us! ;-)

I've looked a little bit into the difference between whole brain vs (is it?) cyberknife... the Docs reckon there is some reason why whole brain would be better for me and besides the wait for cyberknife is a lot longer and I dont know if I have that much longer??? One day at a time :-)

I read here everyday when I can - dont get much chance to post - but I really appreciate everyone's courage and knowledge and humour!

Have had an interesting time processing some (extended) family dramas - coming out the other side - it helps spending time with old friends and listening to my bubbas laugh as the wind blows on their faces.

Blessings all
Hermiracles

PS Im still trying to figure out how to set up a photo album here, for myself - if anyone has any quicktips that would be great! LUVYAS!
09/07 Stage 2 bilat. mastectomy R/ b. clear extens DCIS/IDC Paget’s 8 nodes clear ER(<5%) HER2+++ CT clear
11/07 Portacath - FEC
15/11/07 Stage 4 Emerg op - hip replacemt #NOF bone mets H/Taxotere
12/07 Rx to 'spots' on spine/R/hip/femur 3wkly H
2008 H+T mets to rib/sternum? Aredia CT clear! Cont. H + Aredia 07/08 1 wk Palliative Care - mets to lungs + ?1 to brain
09/08 Stop H complete Epirubicin 1wk PC new brain mets
10/08 2wks WBR 1wk PC 22/10/08 Tykerb/Xeloda 12/08 6 CEREBRAL METS COMPLETELY GONE! Rib mets down to <1cm.
01/09 Tumour markers normal! Rx to L/arm
03/09 LUNGS CLEAR (ALL NODULES GONE!), brain clear, liver clear. Bones stable! ~ THANK YOU GOD
07/09 Repeat CT Scan ~ ALL organs clear apart from bones which remain stable. I walk in gratitude.

Last edited by hermiracles; 09-23-2008 at 09:44 AM..
hermiracles is offline   Reply With Quote