View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 06:28 PM   #7
Becca

Roz, I have been on T/X now for 7 months. On and off I have dealt with persistent but manageable diarhea, nausea, etc. I can see no pattern for it during the cycle--the problems just seems to vary. I eat a bland diet. Some days I feel reasonably well, others awful. About 10 days ago I had diarhea so bad--about 40 or more times in 12 hrs. I took at least 9 Imodiums. My onc wanted me out at the hospital, but it is a 30 min trip and I just couldn't do it. My husband took a stool sample out to the lab (no problem with it). I stayed off the chemos for a couple days, started the Tykerb again for 2 days, and there was that awful diarhea again. Went off chemo again and now am on 3 Tykerb and no X for 2 weeks (because of inflamed nails). So far am ok with this dose. I will go up to 4 Tykerb later to see what happens. Then perhaps back up to 5. Yes, the diarhea is very exhausting--I felt puny for several days after those episodes. My onc is pleased with the results of the T/X, so I will stay on it. Keep us posted on how you do on the reduced dose. Becca
Becca is offline   Reply With Quote