View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 06:41 PM   #6
LizzElliot

Re: Forward to Post-Chemo Diet Plan...need help...

Janis, YES! It does feel good to start to look forward to post-chemo nutrition. Tomorrow is 5 of 6. As close as it is, it still feels like two more is still, two more. That is, I shopped today for the things I can tolerate post-chemo, which are decidedly few and decidedly not good for me, but it's what I can get down, which is better than nothing. (Nothing being my prefered choice in those several icky days.)
I'm an eat-on-the-run, non-planner typically. And since I have late hours, my husband usually makes dinner. That will have to change a bit. And I'll have to plan and make my lunches... Discipline! Yikes! lol.
Chocolate chip cookies will never be lost on me, and if they are, my husband buys the big tubs of chocolate chip cookie dough at Costco, which sits in the fridg to tempt me. I must report that I tried that dough recently and it tastes awful with chemo-taste buds! lol. I can say that the dark chocolate chips are yummy on chemo, and my chemo nutritionist says dark chocolate is a must. win win!
Thanks for the encouragement and words of wisdom.
Hugs,
Lizz.
LizzElliot is offline   Reply With Quote