Thread: Melatonin
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 07:37 AM   #4
SpitFire

Re: Melatonin

donocco - Thanks for the info, but I am just talking about normal doses. All my doctors say it is safe. I used to take 3mg every night. I thought it was an antioxidant, anti-cancer and would help me sleep. I never noticed anything from it, but took it because it was "healthy." I have an app "About Herbs'" and it says that it alters estrogen levels. I did a little bit of research, (but it may not be reliable). Some people claim that excess melatonin increases estrogen. I thought that was bad for breast cancer patients (and everyone else too). The nurses's study, I think, proves the importance of sleep and also highlights blood sugar problems. Doesn't stress increase estrogen? If you are not sleeping at night, that is a stress. How does your body know the difference of insomnia verses working? Just because you have an important job doesn't mean you don't need to sleep. The 200mg for anticancer is a whole different ballgame (very interesting)and I would think would need to be under a doctor's supervision.
Stage IIb
9/2013 TCH
10/2013 TCHP
1/2014 End chemo!
2/2014 Lumpectomy Complete Response
2/2014 - 4/2014 Radiation
9/2014 Last Herceptin
SpitFire is offline   Reply With Quote