Thread: Checking In
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #11
Kim in CA

Re: Checking In

Thanks girls for your kind replies.

Even though the last year has been a hard (one I would not want to relive) I am even more determined to make everyday count.

Deciding to move was a huge decision for us, as we had spent years making our home ( a fixer upper) into a very comfortable and functional horse property. The only problem was we were too far away from our grandkids and we didn't like the weather. I told my hubby that however many years I had left on this earth, I didn't want to spend it being cold! After a couple years researching locations and properties online, we decided to take the leap. We listed our house and it sold the first week.

We bought another fixer upper on 30 acres, and have put a manufactured home on the opposite end of the property for our daughter and her family. Now we get to see the grandkids whenever we want, and we are working to make our little "family farm" a reality. The bonus is I get to share my horses with them, and the joys of country living, that they would not have otherwise known. The weather here is awesome and we can actually grow all kinds of vegetables that just never thrived where we lived before. This place is going to be a lot of work, but the benefits far outweigh the negatives, and so far I'm in heaven!

Kim

5/1997 Hi Dose Chemo w/ Stem cell rescue. Spent 4 weeks in isolation ward. Then 6 weeks radiation.

9/2001 widespread mets to liver. 8 mos Taxotere/Herceptin brought me almost to NED. Stop Taxotere & add Femara .

11/2002 liver resection to remove spot that turned out to be necrosis. Officially NED!

7/2003 Tumor markers rising add Xeloda Disastrous reaction, 8 days hospital, but tumor markers came back to normal!

June -Dec 2004 UW Vaccine Trial.

7/2005 MRI single 11mm brain met
8/2005 Gamma Knife.

Brain MRI @3 months NED!

2006-2011 brain/body still NED

8/04/11 Taking Herceptin break, will monitor with tumor markers.

6/20/12 Tumor markers begin to rise. CA15-3 is 31.3 and Her2 Serum is at 17.1 Decide to repeat in one month.

7/23/12 CA15-3 now 49.3
Her2 Serum 26.8

8/6/12 Back on Herceptin
CA15-3 now 76
Her2 Serum now 49

11/7/12 Add weekly Taxotere for 4 cycles

2/2013 Stopped Taxotere added Perjeta. MRI shows approx. 50% reduction liver mets. CA15-3 still elevated @ 55. Will continue on just Herceptin & Perjeta.

November 2014 Continuing on Herceptin, Perjeta, and
Femara indefinitely. Guess I'm NED again, but watching those tumor markers carefully!

Dec. 2015 PET scan reveals mass in perirectal area of abdomen.biopsy confirms. Still Her2+, but no longer ER+. Bye bye Femara

Jan 2016 Begin Kadcyla

March 2016 PET scan shows tumor now barely visible, still NED everywhere else.
2016/2017 continue Kadcyla

November 2017 brain MRI reveals small focus of T2 hyperintensity with possible 4mm enhancing nodule. Short term follow up MRI suggested. Stay tuned...
Kim in CA is offline   Reply With Quote