View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #18
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
WHY I TAKE SUPPLEMENTS and wish you would too...

Hello there NEDenise! I understand. My mantra is -- I AM STRONG, BRAVE AND DETERMINED. Even though when I started (in '98) I wasn't so sure on the brave part. I was trying my darnedest but it was -- a goal. NED is always our goal. Though in '99 what I got from my 3rd opinion and 4th opinion's radiologists who didn't know each other -- CAUTIOUS REMISSION. I grabbed it. And remain STABLE.

So -- Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) 1,000 AM & PM is starting to kick in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is soooo thrilling. Truly.

I recall during my 27 yrs of being clammy, feeling like I was in a sauna, flinching inside whenever someone hugged me, cause they'd notice I was damp, shaking hands w/someone I'd dry my hand on my pants first -- and then the relief. I too have retired my personal fan.

Remember, I keep 500 mg of EPO w/me @ all x. When a sudden flash hits I wait 5 min. If it doesn't dissipate, I pop 500 and amazingly I am good.

I get most of my supplements from VITACOST.COM. Excellent quality, many choices, discounted prices across the board, easy website, fast service, free shipping w/$50 order. That's where I get my 1,300 mg EPO. $24 for #300 of 1,300. (I checked -- $6 for #60 of 1,100.)

If 1,000 is working for you -- great.

We can build up a tolerance to any pills. It has been suggested that switching on one wk and off one wk and then back on means Echinacea/goldenseal gives me full benefits and all the efficacy I could want.

In between (on the off wks -- I take Thymulus w/astragalus, which is well known for its immune boosting properties. (When my rescue Maltese came to me he had mange which is tiny mites attacking the immune system. He wouldn't eat or drink. He was 4 mnths old and had been stuffed in a cat carrier all day while it's owner went to work. All the hair on his face and neck fell out. When I looked at him all I saw was something like a burn victim. Red, raw skin. I was sooo scared. Filled with fear.

The rescue lady gave me a book by a Cornell trained vet who after 10 yrs of practicing conventional medicine, discovered the power of supplements. In desperation, I skipped the food nutrition section and found myself in The Spiritual Realm!

The doc mentioned lots of supplements he used for various conditions and for a compromised immune system he used "astragalus". So I gave some to my boy, along w/the prescription meds that previously didn't seem to be working. I added lots of love, tender loving care, just sitting and petting him and transmitting positive healing energy. When I looked at him I said out loud YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE YOU. I AM GOING TO HELP YOU GET WELL. WE'LL DO THIS TOGETHER vs thinking OMG he's going to die...

He is now 10 yrs old and healthy and well.

Always love your posts, Denise.

You've been through so much. Guess we all have. But the stress of it can show itself in lingering fear that puts our back in jeopardy. I've been there. It is totally painful and effects our every move, including brushing our teeth. The more pain we feel, the more fear we feel, which causes our bodies to imperceptibly tighten up and squeeze on nerve endings which causes -- more pain. Thus, we get stuck in a cycle of PAIN -- FEAR -- PAIN -- FEAR and we become trapped.

When you feel an especially gasping moment of pain -- try STOPPING EVERYTHING AND GO BACK. It is difficult, but try. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING AT THAT PRECISE MOMENT???

For me, it was always something that was tension producing (including what am I going to make for dinner). Once I proved that to myself, I SAW the connection of my thoughts to my pain
-- and the pain had encompassed my life for 2 yrs slowly dissipated in 2 wks...

Something to think about and give a whirl...

Sorry once again for my long posts -- guess I feel I have soooo much I want to tell you all.

Always With Love and Light,

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote