Thread: Tykerb Diet
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
my2boys

Re: Tykerb Diet

Hi Msleslie,

I am currently on herceptin and tykerb. I find that dairy seems to bring on diarrhea right away, so I stay away from dairy.

I would recommend bagels. It sounds silly, but they work great. I put a very little bit of butter with jelly on a bagel and it sits great with me. I can also eat apples, bananas, spaghetti and tomato sauce (not too much) and white rice without reaction. No problem with meat, chicken or fish, just make sure they are well cooked. I stay away from ice cream or anything too cold to drink, but I don't seem to have a problem with coffee or tea in the mornings.

Just the other day, my doctor told me to try and add small portions of salad back into my diet a little at a time because she thinks that over time I will be able to eat a normal diet. I have been trying small servings of raw carrots and lettuce/tomato for a few days now....unfortunately I had a reaction each time I did, but if I take an immodium right away, it seems to stop it. I will continue as my doctor suggested because I would like to think that I can enjoy fresh fruits and veggies again real soon.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.
my2boys is offline   Reply With Quote